Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Giving Hearts

I was out one night and Justin had the kids. He put this as his status on facebook and I couldn't be prouder of my boys. "Pulling into the King Soopers parking lot the boys spotted a guys with a sign asking for help and wanted to know why I didn't stop to help him. I asked how I should help him and they said "give him a dollar". I told them I didn't have a dollar and asked if there were other ways we could help. They offered up mom's umbrella that we never use (good idea since it was raining) and then Tyler figured out we could buy something. So as we went through the store I asked for ideas and we ended up with some apples, bananas, a loaf of bread, jar of peanut butter and two bottles of water. We had the bagger put them in their own bags so we could give them to the guy with the sign, drove out the way we came in and....he was gone. Proud of the boys for recognizing a chance to help and getting so excited about it."

No comments: