Friday, April 9, 2010

Brotherly Love


Both Tyler and Carter already love their new baby brother so much. Everyday, and a few times a day at that, they have to give my belly a hug, a kiss, and zerbert (a raspberry to tickle the baby) for the baby. This is really fun for me when they insist on doing it in public and pull my shirt up and my maternity pants down. They discuss what we should name the baby. Carter wants to name him Carter because he wants to share his name with his brother. Tyler thinks we should name the baby something else everyday depending on who he has played with that day. Tyler talks about what he is going to do to help with the baby. He says "I have three things to do for the baby. Carry the car seat, because I am strong, feed the baby, and dress the baby." Carter also says he will help feed the baby, carry the car seat and change the baby's diaper. Justin and I are all for that! Tyler keeps insisting on buckling himself in to his car seat every time, because he needs to do that when the baby comes. Carter is making sure he can dress himself everyday for the same reason. The best part is that they are doing this without are prompting at all. I just hope this love and independence will continue once he actually gets here.

No comments: