Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's Day weekend started off very nice. I had a baby shower to go to in Denver on Saturday afternoon, so we took the opportunity to go up a little early together as a family and do some shopping. We went to Park Meadows for the whole purpose of getting the boys new crocs for the summer. We also ate some lunch, found some cute clothes for Olivia, and found out the mall also has a lego store! Not much better than that for Tyler. He loved looking at all the legos, and even more exciting they had the Star Wars Death Star model built for everyone to look at. He was disappointed we didn't get to buy any legos, but got over it so we could throw pennies in the fountains. Before dropping me off at the shower we had a ice cream treat. While I was at the shower the boys got to go to a new playground in Larkspur, which they said was the best park ever. It is filled with tons structures to climb on, and not much is better than that.

On Sunday we had planned on doing some yard work and then taking a family hike as it was a gorgeous day. However on Saturday night I caught a stomach bug so most of Sunday I stayed in bed while Justin handled the boys. I was given cards and they had gotten me cinnamon rolls, but they enjoyed those on their own. By Sunday night I was feeling better, the boys had a fun day of playing outside the entire day, and Justin worked on the sprinklers and took care of the boys all day including going grocery shopping. So even though I was sick, I still had quite the nice Mother's Day - thank you boys!!!!

No comments: