Sunday, April 29, 2012

Tyler Update

Tyler is getting bigger and bigger everyday. We got his third quarter report card and he is still doing just awesome in school. He really hasn't had any issues so far, which is just great! He is reading more and more everyday as well and its so fun that I can know say "go read a book to Nolan" and he can! He is also just getting older on his own. Tyler has always been a kid who does things when he feels he is ready to do them. We bought the boys bunk beds a year and a half ago. He was never comfortable enough to sleep on the top bunk. We tried and tried to get him to sleep up there, but he would have nothing to do with it. Until one day a couple weeks ago,  when he came out of his room and told me that he had made his top bunk and got it all set up and was going to sleep up there now. He has slept up there every night since.  The same thing happened with his training wheels. While he was getting the hang of riding his bike, he still wasn't ever that comfortable on it. One day a he went outside and just practiced on his own in our grass.He came inside and asked me to watch him. I went out and he could now get on his bike and start riding on his own. That night we went to the park and let him ride more and practice his braking. By the time he had rode around the soccer fields once, he was a pro at it. He has also lost his top front tooth which just makes him look older as well. I have to give a double take every time I see him because I can't believe how big my baby is!

No comments: