Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sick Girl

When we got back from the Royal Gorge we found out Olivia had a fever of 103*. I was a little worried but figured it would go down and she would be better the next day. Well the next day she just wanted to lay on me and do nothing else. She did eat normally however, which made me think maybe it was teething or something. When Justin got home her fever was 104* even with me give her medicine all day and she was getting more and more lethargic so I took her into our after hours clinic. The doctor was concerned because she was just so lethargic and irritable. We got a urine sample there which came back negative but I had to go to the hospital to get her blood drawn to make sure it was nothing serious. While I was getting her blood drawn she seemed a lot hotter to me. By the time I got back home to wait for the results so we would know what action to take, her fever was at 105*. This meant we had to go back to the hospital, but this time to the E.R.  They let us right in and gave her some more meds and a chest x-ray. Once the blood results came back we know it wasn't anything to serious and her chest x-ray showed it could be pneumonia. By then her fever was coming down as well so they gave her a shot of antibiotics and sent us home. We had to see our pediatrician first thing in the morning however. Luckily her fever was still down so they gave us two more shots. After a couple more days she was back to her old self. I am so glad it was nothing serious!

No comments: