Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Michigan Trip

On July 5th, Olivia and I got up bright and early to go to the airport - we were off to Michigan! We were going to meet Oma there and Olivia would get to meet her great-grandma for the first time. It was a wonderful trip. I loved that I got to see my grandma, and she lite up when she saw Olivia for the first time. We also got to see my Great Aunt Janet  (who Olivia loved) and Uncle Amos and my cousin Brandy.

Olivia did great with my grandma. Since my grandma is in assisted living, Livi would just sit and color and play a little around the room. She did SO well. She also warmed up to Grandma (thats what Livi called her too) and played a little peek a boo with her. When she did get antsy she would happily walk around the place with my mom, which the other residents and nurses loved as well.

Livi and I had a great girls weekend with my mom and she did great sleeping in the hotel. She also got her first haircut and of course got spoiled by Oma. It was a wonderful trip and memories that I will always hold dear to my heart.







No comments: