Monday, June 2, 2014

Summer Reading

Now that summer is in full swing, I am trying to keep the kids on somewhat of a routine We go somewhere every morning, then while the babies nap the boys do some reading and workbooks to keep up with school over the summer. This morning we went to the Library with Melissa, Avery, and Luke and they got all signed up for the summer reading program. After checking out some books we headed to the park right next to the library. There are fountains and also a river they can play in. All the kids had a lot of fun. At one point I couldn't find Livi. She was in the stream with the rest of them, but then she wasn't there and no one knew where she went. I found her in some strangers arms! I guess a group of moms thought she was lost so they were carrying her around trying to find me. I was surprised Olivia let them pick her up and take her, but I wasn't surprised she wouldn't talk to them to tell them I was just a few feet away. A little scary for sure, but glad she was ok. Its hard to because I tell the kids if they are lost to find another mom, but in this case she wasn't lost! It was nice to get to catch up with Melissa and the kids and worn out by the time we get home. Hopefully I can keep this routine up!

No comments: