Thursday, January 1, 2009

Favorite Things

Some of the favorite things that happened on our vacation at Oma and Opa's.

*While playing with all the cousins there were times when kids weren't sharing or hitting each other - normal two and three year old behavior. Anytime Tyler would get hit, instead of hitting back , he would come and tell me very nicely "so and so hit me mommy".

*On Monday night I was getting ready to put the boys to bed. Tyler was talking about going up into the air and about Heaven. I asked him who lived in Heaven and he told me Jesus. I then explained to him that Jesus also lives in our hearts if we ask him to. He told me he wanted to see Jesus so he could have Him live in his heart. I told him he could talk to Jesus anytime, that He is always listening. On his own Tyler goes into the bathroom and I hear "Jesus I want you to come live in my heart". He then comes back out and with the happiest look on his face tells me what he did. Priceless.

*We have the boys call my Grandma Great-Grandma. Being confused that we were at Oma and Opa's house they quickly started calling her Great-Oma on their own.

*Carter was helping Opa feed Dickens and dropped the plate of food right before he was suppose to put it down. While cleaning it up, Opa kept saying "Oh dear" and "Oh boy". Now if someone drops something or does something wrong Carter says "Oh boy".

*On the same note, Carter was doing puzzles with Oma. She told him that he does puzzles so well and its amazing. At dinner that night we asked how his food was. He answers "amazing!"

*Tyler being the big brother that he is wants to help Carter potty train. Trying to convince him to come and try this morning Tyler goes into a little speech. "Carter you should try to come potty so that you can keep Thomas dry. If you get Thomas wet mommy, daddy, and I will have to throw those underwear away. You should come try." He said this is the sweetest tone. Not bossy at all, but he was really trying to help his brother out and be a good teacher.

No comments: