Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Zoo Fun

So yesterday was another gorgeous day so we got to do one of our favorite things. We headed to the zoo. Like always the boys had a great time. I had them both walk to through the whole thing and they did great. I think this is even more impressive considering our zoo is on a mountain. They did get a little cranky towards the end, but held my hands the entire way.

Unfortunately a lot of our favorite things they didn't have at the zoo right now because its winter time. The elephants and zebras weren't out and either were the otters or alligators. Also the train and carousel were both closed. However we went and saw the hippos twice (both times they were sleeping) fed the giraffes, and saw the gorillas play, and got scared when the Crane made a noise we weren't expecting. The boys fell asleep on the way home, but work up once I tried to transfer them, so the rest of the day was a little whiny with all the lack of sleep, but all in all a great day!

I tried watching some of the Inauguration with Tyler. They both recognize President Obama, but don't really get who he is obviously. I tried talking to Tyler about the significance of how he is our first black President. When he came on the screen Tyler asked where his black dress was. I am very glad he doesn't see skin color yet and left it at "he has a black suit on". I am going to hate to see this innocence go, however I am very proud that our boys will never know a time when a black man couldn't become President.

No comments: