Sunday, August 23, 2009

Getting Big

In the past week Tyler has grown up in front of my eyes - literally. We went shopping for some clothes for next summer (gotta shop the sales) and for some school clothes this fall. As we were going through the toddler section as usual I noticed that they didn't have his size. Time to head over to the boys section. An even more telling, he isn't even in the smallest size in the boys section. I wasn't sure I was ready for this.

However then I was driving to work and I noticed his straps were under his shoulders in his carseat. Yep he has grown to tall for his carseat. So it was off to buy a new one of those. I really wasn't ready for this. By law in Colorado once Tyler is 4 he can ride in a booster seat with just the seat belt. I am not ready for him to be in a booster yet, so we got him a seat that he will still be in the harness (for up to 65 lbs) and then can convert to a booster once he is a little older, bigger, and complaining about the harness. I think it will be a few more years. I have to hold onto something that resembles the little boy I see him as instead of the big boy he has become.

No comments: