Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Weekend Tidbits

We had a great family of weekend of doing yard work and just spending time together. Tyler has continued to behave better so that always helps. On Friday night I ran some errands and came home to my boys doing one of Justin's favorite things.

On Saturday we were doing yard work right below Justin and I's bedroom window. This is when the highlight of my weekend happened. Tyler went up to our room so he could wave to us. Once he got up there he said hi to everyone and I asked him to come down. Before he did he says "Carter I love you." Carter then showed him the I love you sign and blew him a kiss*. My heart melted.

We also went to the park one night where the boys had a great time. They loved walking around the pond and then playing on the merry-go-round. It was a great weekend!

*A note about Carter doing the I love you sign. He loves to do it and shows it to me quite often. However when he tries to count with his hand it gets in the way. When he counts to two he shows his pointer and ring finger (like a baseball player showing outs). Carter notices this then gets outs his thumb to tell me I love you. So far he hasn't counted past two on his fingers.

No comments: