Thursday, August 5, 2010

Pregnancy Updates

I feel like all I blog about lately are my doctor appointments! The boys are doing well, we just have been taking it easy and haven't been doing to much. On Monday night I was in a lot of pain so Justin took Tuesday off and I headed into the doctors. It was determined that I somehow pulled a lot of muscles so I was put on muscle relaxers. While I am still somewhat sore, the relaxers and the 48 hours of bed rest seemed to help as I can at least walk now. At that appointment I was still only 2-3 centimeters. Everything else looked great however and I actually lost two pounds.

Today I had my 38 week appointment (which is what the picture is - me at 38 weeks). I am now a good 3-4 centimeters and still 50% effaced. While I don't feel that he has dropped the doctor says his head is right there and he is plenty low. He was measuring at 39 weeks based on the tape measure. After that we went over to get an ultrasound to measure his size and estimate his weight. Surprising to everyone else he is only weighing in at 6 lbs 9 oz!!!!!! I have no idea what to do with a 6 lb baby. They did set up my induction for August 12th at 8 a.m. - right when I hit 39 weeks. However they will be very surprised if I make it that long. So back to the waiting game. I was really hoping we would have him here this weekend, but I also know its out of our hands. Either way we are ready for him to come - the hospital bag is packed and the carseat is in!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Glad to hear that your muscles are feeling better. I think that delivering a smaller baby is easier on your body, Gabe was just over 7 lbs. (over 1 lb. smaller than Carissa) And, I'm sure you'll do great no matter how big or small Nolan is.