Thursday, September 23, 2010

5 Years Old

I know I say it every year, but I can't believe you are FIVE Tyler. Although I am not sure why it takes me back so much when I see you acting and looking more and more grown up every day. I can not call you a little kid anymore, you are definitely a big one.

We have loved watching you grow into a big kid this year. Seeing how much you grew in school, not only academically, but socially was a highlight of my year. You made so many new friends and have so much more confidence now. You also played so well on your first baseball team. Hitting was your favorite and still is, but when it was your turn to throw the ball, you always knew right where it should go. In the past few months you have really enjoyed watching all sports with daddy, which he loves. You love cheering for the teams and want to know whats going on at all times.

You still have such a great imagination. You always want to pretend to be some type of animal, and you come up with the greatest stories and tell them with such enthusiasm. You are always building cities with all your rescue cars and trucks or construction sites with your diggers. You also have a new fondness of Legos. You love building all types of cars and trucks with them and you can usually do them on your own (as long as we help you find the pieces, you don't like that part). You are very good at following the directions precisely and always can tell if something is off.

Along those same lines you are still our rules kids. Always making sure everyone is being safe and doing the right thing, even if you aren't. If your brother is doing something you know he shouldn't you come running in yelling emergency at me.  You love being read to from the chapter books at night and I love listening to you retell the story.  I love the conversations we have now. From the silly ones with your knock knock jokes - knock, knock, who's there?, a pineapple, a pineapple who?, a pineapple on you head! - to the serious ones about life in general.

You have such a big heart when it comes to your brothers. Carter is still your best friend and I love watching you play. You are getting better at working out your disagreements and are the first to tell Carter that you guys should do teamwork.  You two love to see each other at school. It warmed my heart to hear that you found Carter during Chapel at school and sat next to him. And now with Nolan I am seeing such a gentle side to you. You are the first person to his crib when he is crying, always asking to hold him and give him hugs and kisses every chance you can get.

Yes you are getting so big right before my eyes. You are so much better at controlling your emotions. You get "braver" everyday with talking to your teachers and others you don't know very well. There is not much you need me or daddy's help with anymore. But the times you do need us we love helping you out, knowing those times are becoming less and less.  I couldn't be more proud of the big boy you have become. I love you Tyler bug!!!!

No comments: