Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Playdates!

Now that some of our good friends are having kids we are doing more play dates. I used to do play dates all the time with the boys, but when I started working more at the church I didn't want our one free day to be scheduled every week. Plus I knew they were getting plenty of social interaction at church and school. However I must say we have enjoyed going on play dates the past few days.

Last Friday we meet up with Melissa and Avery and Lindsay and Savannah in Denver at Monkey Bizness, a place that has bounce houses and climbing structures. The boys loved it here and could do everything on their own, letting me just have some nice adult conversation. The place also let us bring in our sack lunches and eat there - very nice. We played for over 2 hours and the boys took great naps on the way home (a rarity these days).


Yesterday after I picked up the boys from school to headed over to Palmer Park to meet up with Kisa, Westin, and Grace. We had a picnic lunch together and then went on a hike. The boys had a great time playing and running down the trail with Westin. They did a pretty good job of not getting to far ahead and stopped when they did. There were a couple disagreements, but nothing to bad. For the most part they all played well together and we plan to meet up again soon,. Gotta love play dates!

No comments: