Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Big Boys Update

So I figure its about time I update on the comings and goings of Tyler and Carter. There have been a few more tantrums and behaviors that are new to them since we brought home their baby brother. Carter has started yelling at us and actually kicked me once (a thing he wouldn't even think about doing in the past). Luckily it has only happened a handful of times and he seems to be going back to his usual gentle, happy except for the occasional tantrum self. Tyler's anger has been popping up more and more. He is also having tantrums, which is unusual for him. Usually he isn't one to sit and cry, but more get mad and yell. The past few days have better with him as well. For both boys these behaviors are happening very few times. For the most part they are being the great boys that they are. I also must say that they LOVE Nolan. They have zero animosity towards him. They want to help out with every little thing. They ask to hold him and give him hugs and kisses at least a dozen times a day. So why we may have a few tiring parts of our day, I am glad they are directed at me and Justin and not Nolan.

In other news they are getting very excited for preschool to start. I really think most of the behavior problems is from the lack of routine and structure more than anything. We are all ready to get back to the routine of church and school. They are also excited to be getting their bunk beds this weekend. Tyler is a little nervous about sleeping on the top bunk, but I am sure he will get over it quickly. Now to convince Carter he needs to stay on the bottom will be the real challenge. We are also starting a new bedtime routine along with the new bunk beds that Justin and I are hoping will help the bedtime battles. We are going to have them start in their beds and then read to them a chapter book (without pictures). For out first book we got them Swiss Family Robinson. I am hoping they will like it. I read them Babe right before Nolan was born and they seemed to enjoy that, but we didn't always read it in their rooms as part of bedtime. Here is hoping this will work.

Since Nolan has been here they seem such much bigger to me. Not only in size but in the fact that they are now kids, not really even little boys anymore. The conversations we have, the games they play and come up with on their own, and their interactions with each other, make me take double takes everyday of who they have become and how quickly it has gone by that they were once Nolan's size (well actually they were never as small as Nolan, but close enough). I am so blessed to have my big boys.

No comments: