Sunday, November 14, 2010

First Flight

Last Saturday we got news that my Uncle Steve had passed away. Thanks to Oma and Opa, Nolan and I were able to go out for the services.Nana came in on Tuesday night to help out with Tyler and Carter and on Wednesday Justin and I got up very early to make our 6 a.m. flight in Denver. Nolan did great on the flights! On both flights on the way there the planes were only half full so he was able to stay in his car seat. The first flight he slept the majority of the time and the second flight we was awake but happy. Once we got there we were picked up by Oma and Nolan was very happy to show off his smiles. From there we went to the dinner with my other uncles and then the visitation and rosary. Nolan was a little fussy but went to sleep while people talked about Uncle Steve, so at least he knew when to be good. Nolan slept well in the hotel room which I was very happy about. On Thursday morning Nolan and I both slept in a little and then went to the service. Once again Nolan did great and slept thru the entire thing not making a sound. He then got fussy at the luncheon, but after a nice nap in the hotel room he was his happy self again.

From there we went over to Flint to see Great Oma. Nolan once again showed off his smiles. We met up with My Aunt Janet, Uncle Amos and my mom's cousin Paula as well for dinner. It was great to catch up with everyone. On Friday we went over to my Aunt Paulette's house so we could spend more time with her and my cousins. Even though it was for a horrible reason I am so thankful Nolan and I got to go and spend time with my family during this time and remember my Uncle. Nolan did awesome once again on the flight home. He again had his own seat and slept the whole time despite it leaving an hour late. Justin picked us up at the airport and we came home where I was excited to see my big boys. I am told they did very well for Nana, who I am also thankful for her coming so Justin could still go to work while I was gone. They went to school as usual and did lots of puzzles and games. Tyler also showed off at wrestling for Nana. Always happy to hear that they behaved themselves!

No comments: