Friday, December 10, 2010

Hairy Toes

Its always something when you live in a house of boys. On Wednesday morning I was getting Nolan dressed when I noticed his toe was swollen and red and kind of purple in color. I called Justin up and we noticed that some of my hair was wrapped around his toe. At first Justin tried to cut it out, but that didn't work. Using a baby wipe he ended up getting about three pieces of hair from around it off, each about an inch and a half in length. We thought we had it all but wasn't sure. However Nolan's toe was now three times the size of the other ones and the color was getting worse. It was also cut up from the hair on the bottom of his toe and had some puss coming out of it. We called out doctor who told us they would squeeze us in. We all went and they saw Nolan right away. I am glad we went because after they looked at his toe under some magnifiers they saw some more hair wrapped around. They pulled another two inches of hair off. The doctor said it was the worse she had ever seen. Luckily his toe will now be fine and he is on antibiotics for infection. I guess I will be getting a haircut.

No comments: