Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gingerbread House

I can't believe there is only 3 weeks left til Christmas! The boys are getting so excited about everything. They love putting a new part of our Advent Calendar nativity scene on each day and seeing all the Christmas decorations around town. At church they have many trees, and a couple of them have presents under them. Today Tyler and Carter were walking back to my class and Carter saw the presents and started singing Happy Birthday. One of the other teachers told him that it is Jesus' birthday. When Tyler got to my room the first thing he told me was that he wanted to see Jesus. I think they may be getting what this holiday is actually about.

Tonight we built and decorated a Gingerbread house. Carter found out quickly that he could eat the decorations and then Tyler followed suit. They did a pretty good job of decorating it as well. Justin and I have no idea what to do with the house now however. There is no way we are going to let them eat that much sugar. The house is already falling apart a couple hours later. Oh well the boys had an absolute blast doing it, so the ten dollars for the kit makes it worth it.

No comments: