Thursday, July 23, 2009

Building Away

I love watching Tyler play lately. He creates such stories and now acts them out. The other day I caught him downstairs playing with his Little People Circus. He drug out all his animals to be in the circus, then all of his people who were watching the circus. He also had a parking lot with every car or truck we own lined up and some on a road leaving the circus. He then made the animals put on a little show.

Today he was playing with his Lincoln Logs. Usually Justin and I help him build the houses up but since he didn't ask for my help today I let him go and just watched. He made himself a little farm. He out the windows and doors on and even put the animals inside. The best part was listening to him as he was building. He was acting out the part of the builder. He would say things like "and the window should go here ok?" Once he put the horses in the barn he became the farmer and was talking about the horses - all of this to himself. When I took the picture he let me know that he wasn't done yet and told me it still needed the roof. He is going to finish it after nap time. I LOVE that he can play so well by himself and that he was such a great imagination.

No comments: