Friday, September 4, 2009

Date Night

On Wednesday night I had a date night with Tyler and Justin had a "dude night" with Carter. First Tyler and I went to get his haircut for school. I was so proud of him. He did not cry or even whine during the whole process. He would try to get his head away from the clippers a couple of times but once I reminded him he would sit straight up again. From there we headed to Red Robin, his choice, for dinner. He insisted that we sit on the same side of the booth and he loved that I let him eat as many fries as he wanted. After Red Robin we were going to go get Tyler's school supplies. He was so excited about this that he only ate two slices of his pizza.

When we got to the store he wanted me to pick out the supplies but he would put them in the cart. Then my favorite part of the night happened. We were walking down one of the aisles and Tyler says to me "Mommy I love you a whole lot" and gave me the biggest hug. Such a sweet heart he is. After grabbing a few more things we headed home to see Carter and daddy who had a fun dude night of pizza and loading the van with some stuff Justin would be bringing to the Stillmans the next day. I had a great time with my little man.

No comments: