Friday, September 11, 2009

First Day


Well it's here. It's something I had been dreading and was very bittersweet for sure. It came and it went, and I am in awe once again of how big my baby is. Tyler had his very first first day of school. When I got him from his room this morning his first words to me were "mom I don't want to go to preschool". Luckily the attitude turned around and he was excited to go. Since I was working this morning he spent a little while in my classroom before it was time to go. He kept asking when it would be time and when it finally was time I have never seen him get up so fast. When we got there he said a very quiet hi to his teacher and then asked me to stay for a little bit. As soon as I brought him over to the airplanes he was fine for me to go. I was so proud of how big he was being, I however shed a few tears. When Carter and I picked him (Carter was more excited than me to get him) I was told he had a great first day. Seeing him come out of his classroom cause a few more teary eyes on my part, but he told me he liked preschool and wanted to go back. I have heard bits about his day, but it comes at odd times. I am hoping we will be able to get into a routine where I can hear everyday detail and it will be that way to his very last first day of school. A mom can dream right?

No comments: