Monday, September 7, 2009

Favorite Things

Just some of my favorite things that have been going on the past few days:
  • Carter has always been a social guy. However now instead of just saying hello to everyone he knows, he also wants to know their name. Whenever we see anyone walking down the street, at the check out at the store, or even dogs running around the neighborhood he asks what their name is. The other day we had a repairman come over. Carter went and asked his name. The guy turned to him said his name was Joe and then right back on talking to me. Carter didn't even say his name back so I figured he got distracted. The moment Justin pulled into the driveway Carter runs to him and says "daddy Joe was here to fix the garage." I guess he was listening.
  • Carter was having a major tantrum over nothing. We were trying to ignore it. Tyler yells from downstairs "mom Carter is still crying!". When I told him to ignore him Tyler yells back up "mom he is to loud I can't hear you.". Then a few minutes later "mom Carter is still crying I think he needs a cuddle." He then went to Carter and tried to convince him to come cuddle with me.
  • At night when putting the boys to bed we let them play quietly in their room as long as they are not being destructive, staying in their room, and being quiet. We usually find Carter on the floor by a stack of books fast asleep. Other times we have found him halfway under his bed or even by the door. This one took the cake though. I guess Carter had to have his boots on before he could fall asleep.
  • Speaking of boots, usually Tyler wants to wear his fire hat whenever we go out. At times he must also wear his coat and boots. Carter follows along with Tyler, but with his own little flair. We have been painting all weekend and had to have a quick run to Lowes. Carter was still in his pajamas and didn't want to get dressed. So into Lowes he wore his pj's, his Crocs (which we always wears on the wrong feet), his fire hat on backwards and his sunglasses. Styling dude.
  • Like I said we have been busy painting all weekend. The boys were trying to help us finish putting the last outlet covers back on. Tyler, carrying around a screwdriver, announces "I need something to screw!"
  • The boys have become very fond of Ray Charles. Tyler asks me whenever we get into the car to listen to the yellow c.d. (the Ray Charles c.d.). Yesterday he told me he knows two of the songs from it that he can sing along to. However they both have a favorite that they burst out into song at any given time "I Have a Woman". All of a sudden we will hear one of them start singing "I have a woman, way over town, she's good to me, oh yeah".

No comments: