Thursday, October 29, 2009

Imaginary Friends

Tyler has always been a very imaginative child. He is always making up stories and telling them to himself. If you ask him who he is talking to he will tell me no one. Carter has just gotten into having a vast imagination himself, only he has "friends" he talks to.

The other morning he was home with Justin while Tyler and I were out. Carter was on the couch with his feet on the coffee table. He kept saying "that's my spot, no that's my spot, no its mine". When Justin asked him who was arguing he said it was his toes.

Carter and I were going potty when he started saying "no don't turn on the fan". I asked him who he was talking to. He told me it was "Soapy Sarah" and he didn't want him to turn on the fan. I asked him what Soapy Sarah looked like and he told him "Soapy Sarah is a boy." I left the bathroom only to hear him continue "no don't turn on the fan". Gotta love it.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Gabe has had a "friend" named Jack since he was about 2 1/2 years old. Jack's age and size are always changing, and Jack has pretty much been everywhere and done everything from the stories that I've heard. Carissa on the other hand has never had an imaginary friend. It is very interesting to listen to though.