Friday, June 13, 2008

Ahh Much Better

Breathe a sigh of relief I think we are finally back to normal. Today has been a great day so far. The boys and I had to run to the store this morning. They did so well. We only had to get a couple things so I didn't use a cart -just held their hands. Neither of them ever tried to run off and the things Carter took off the shelves Tyler put back on for me - in the right places and perfectly straight on the shelf.. Having a child who is so orderly has its perks.

After the store we went to the park. Tyler has been asking to play soccer for a while now (note to self to put him back in classes this fall), so we brought the soccer ball with us. I also brought the basketball for Carter to carry around. Tyler loved running up and down the field just kicking his ball. We did take a couple of breaks from soccer to swing on the swings and to go down the slide, but Tyler always wanted to go back to kicking his ball. Carter had plenty if fun running up and down the field as well and watching all the other kids.

Since they were having a great day I gave them a special treat of going to Chick-fil-a and then getting to play. Once again they did great sitting and eating, no complaining, throwing food, running off, etc. It was very nice. So they boys got to go to the play area. Tyler actually made it up the climbing structure today - which is an improvement - only to get scared in the tube that leads to the slide A bunch of bigger kids (maybe 5 years old, not to big for the equipment) climbed up the slide and were coming towards Tyler in the tube. This scared him so much he started screaming and I had to climb all the way up it to get him out. I am not sure if its because other kids were in there, or if its because they came from the wrong side - Tyler is very big on rules and knows you shouldn't climb up a slide (hey I was teacher can you blame me for that rule?). Once the big kids left I asked him if he wanted to try again, at first he said yes, but then changed his mind. We then left without a peep otherwise. Life is back to normal and life is good.

No comments: