Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Storytime

Today I took the boys to the Library for Story time. The last time I went was when Tyler had just turned one and I was 9 months pregnant with Carter. Tyler was the youngest one there and I felt like everyone was looking at me like why did I bring a little baby to Story time. So today we finally went again. This time Tyler was one of the oldest ones there and Carter was the average age. It went much better this time.
The boys seemed to enjoy it. Tyler did yell out colors when the story teller asked, but he sat quietly with his hands in his mouth during all the songs. Carter enjoyed singing the songs, but got restless towards the end. However she then brought bubbles out and everything was ok again. I think the boys favorite part was getting to pick out a Tractor movie that we will watch tonight. Its all they will talk about. Carter also insisted on getting a Sesame Street movie as well. I think next time Carter will have to be in a stroller, since he didn't feel like holding my hand and just sat down a couple of times. Like I said before he is stubborn. He would rather get to walk around so I am hoping he may make the connection one of these times.

On another note - potty training. I know I haven't really mentioned it much here except for the fact that Tyler stills has accidents. I did that on purpose, hoping that my next post about it would be that he was potty trained. Unfortunately he has decided that he just doesn't want to do it anymore. I know he knows when he has to go and he can do it, he just doesn't want to. So we raised the stakes again. He now has his very own potty chart. On it are fun things like getting popsicles, baking cookies with mom, and going to a game with daddy. Hopefully these will encourage him more. So far today he has received one sticker and has changed his pants once too. I am sticking to my guns tho. Carter is also interested in potty training so while he is still in diapers, he goes when Tyler goes. So far he is getting the hang of it. Maybe that will encourage Tyler somewhat?

No comments: