Monday, August 4, 2008

Sunday School

Tyler is definitely growing up. He tells us at least three or four times a day that "I am big". He also lets us know that "Carter is little:. Today Carter informed me that he was big too. On Sunday they made it official. Tyler no longer goes to the nursery during church service - he now goes to his Sunday School class. A class in a whole new room, with teachers that are volunteers - none of which that Tyler knows. A class where it is all centered on learning about God. No free play or videos like there are in the nursery.

He loved the class, the crafts he made and the color sheets they did. He was nervous when we first got there, but as soon as he saw the lego's he was fine with mommy and daddy leaving. We get to help out in his class next week and I can't wait!

Tyler was also suppose to move up to a new class today. Unfortunately he woke up with a fever so that will be held off until Wednesday. Usually on Mom's Morning Out (MMO) days he is in room 230 with me. He is moving up to room 237 (where he is on MOPs days). The difference between the rooms is that on MMO days 237 is taught like a preschool. They learn to write their names, learn their letters, shapes, numbers, etc. This also means I won't have either of my children in a class with me - I don't remember the last time that happened. I shouldn't get used to it though, Carter will be moving up to room 230 with me in a short couple of months. They sure are getting big.

No comments: