Thursday, June 4, 2009

Boys Night


On Tuesday I went out with a friend so Justin had the boys for the evening. They were pretty wound up when I left but Justin says they behaved quite well. They ate brats and hot dogs for dinner (just hot dogs and brats nothing else) and then wrestled around. The Justin gave them haircuts. Carter did great during his and Tyler did ok. He didn't like it but also didn't have a complete meltdown. When I came home both boys were down to their underwear with shaved heads watching a movie. The boys always look so much older after haircuts.

We also went and got the boys new Crocs for the summer the other day. And boy have my boys decided they now have an opinion on what kind of shoes they wear. It had to have been one of the worst shopping trips ever. From one store when they didn't like the shoes because they weren't Crocs to another store where the shoes were regular sandals and the boys didn't even want to look at the Crocs to finally when we got them Crocs (and we got them real ones this year) and Tyler had to have a certain color it was tantrum after tantrum. We almost didn't get them anything at all but they really needed sandals. We let Tyler get the ones he wanted (even though I didn't like them) and all was well again. I guess we weren't ready for this voice of opinions that all of a sudden started. And of course two days later Tyler tells me he wants blue Crocs instead (the ones I wanted him to get) - sorry son, not going to happen.

No comments: