Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cautious Boy

I guess since we had such a great day on Tuesday I should have seen today coming. The boys were crazy all day and Tyler did not listen all day. It made it worse that it was rainy all day so we couldn't go out and let loose some of that energy. When Justin got home we headed to the mall play area so I could get a break and do some shopping by myself and for the boys to let off some steam. When I got there the boys were playing together so nicely. Which, actually they had been doing all day, but then they would get crazy and destroy things and Tyler would get a little out of hand and to aggressive. But at the play area it was very fun to see them staying close together running around and giggling.

At our play area there are small trees and houses for kids to climb on. The boys have always seen bigger kids climb to the top of the houses. Today Carter found out that he too could do it. Tyler wanted to try, and try he did. But he is SO cautious. Carter fell a few times, which I think made Tyler even more apprehensive. Tyler eventually made it to the top as well to immediately get nervous and want down right away. Physically he can do it all, but being a first born he also knows to always "be careful". My two boys - the daredevil and the cautious ones - and still best friends.

Even though today was tiring, Tyler knows how to pull on my heartstrings. When I got to the play area he yelled at me from where he was climbing and said "I love you." He then placed his fingers so that he could sign I love you to me and threw me some sugar. As exhausting as some days can be, these moments will always make it worth it.

1 comment:

Kaci said...

I hate those rainy days! I also have a love/hate relationship with the way they know they've been rotten so they do something really sweet to make your heart melt.