Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Count is On!

The boys are very excited to go on the airplane and see Oma and Opa in about a week. We have been talking up a lot of how they will get to play with their cousins and go to the beach. To help alleviate the questions of when we will leave we made another count down chain. Now the boys ask me all day if they can take a chain off or not.

Both boys have had some issues with listening lately (Carter running away and Tyler just being defiant) so today I was very proud of them. As we were getting ready to leave church I had quite a few errands to do since my boss was gone. There was also a funeral service going on. I told the boys that they needed to be very quiet because of the service and stay near me as I ran around putting everything away (this entailed going into multiple rooms). The boys did great. When they wanted to say something they talked at a whisper and I didn't have to ask them once to stay by me. As we walked out the door Carter grabbed my hand and then Tyler grabbed Carter's. It's a good day.

No comments: