Friday, November 20, 2009

Thankfulness

Justin and I are always trying to show the boys how blessed we are for what we have and the importance of giving to others. I must say we are much better at showing them this during the holiday season. The boys already remember the red kettles from last year. Every time we go by one (which is at least once a day it seems) the boys ask to put money in. We always let them put a few pieces of change in. Christmas music is already on one station in town 24/7. The boys are requesting to listen to Christmas music whenever we are in the car so that station is on quite often. Today the station was holding a turkey drive for Care and Share. After nap time the boys and I went over and bought a turkey for each of them to give. I kept trying to explain why it was important that we do this for others. I think Tyler gets it at least. Throughout the rest of the season we will also do some other things to show what giving means to the boys. I can only hope that these little things we do now will make a bigger impact on them when they are older. And I hope Justin and I will get better at remembering too do this throughout the whole year.

No comments: