Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Favorite Things

On Monday the boys and I took Oma back to the airport. Tyler was having a bit of a hard day and fell asleep on the way to the airport. He woke up on the way home and immediately asked for Oma. He knows asks everyday if its Christmas time yet (which is when we will go to see them). The boys are doing so many great things right now. I love this stage.

Carter has started calling Tyler "brother". He will say "Thank you brother" or "I am sorry brother". Adorable. We were driving home last night and were listening to Johnny Cash. Carter was singing every word, right after Johnny sang it. Very cool to hear from the back seat "cry, cry, cry". Another Carter favorite thing - when he is in trouble, for hitting for example, I will ask "do we hit people". He will answer "yes", because, well, he did just hot someone. I then ask "are we suppose to hit people?" Then he will answer "noooo" and shake his head. It can be really hard to discipline this kid when he is so cute! Last one for Carter - we were out to eat with Oma and Carter had applesauce. The spoon was to big for him so he kept spilling it on himself. He would drop it, and then have to clean himself off, just to take another bite and drop some more. Needless to say it took a while for him to eat.

Like I have mentioned before its very fun to have real conversations with Tyler now. I love hearing what is going thru his mind. We hadn't been to church in a while with being sick. Yesterday Tyler informed me that he wanted to go to church. We got to church this morning and after 5 minutes he told me he was ready to go home. Luckily he didn't mind to much when I told him we had to stay a while longer. Tyler has been such a great listener lately. He still has his moments, but for the most part he is being a great helper. He has also been awesome at staying in bed during naps and bedtime. I guess it clicked one night and we haven't had any more problems. I love this age! And my most favorite thing from Tyler lately - he all of a sudden loves to sing! From his abc's, to twinkle twinkle, to Go Tell About Jesus (the song he sang during church service) he is always singing. The boys love to sing together - which is even more beautiful to the ears!

No comments: