Saturday, November 22, 2008

Simple Saturday

Today was a pretty simple day, which is nice considering how busy and sick everyone has been lately (we found out Monday Tyler has strep again). The first part of the day started with soccer class. Justin hurt his back, so I went to Carter's class again this week (much more parental involvement needed). Carter was in a mood and did not want to do anything but what he wanted to do. Needless to say it wasn't his best class. However Tyler did great and for the last 20 minutes or so Justin even stayed off the field and let Tyler just listen to the coaches.

Usually after soccer the boys take great naps. Today was not the case. Tyler never did fall asleep and then proceeded to wake Carter up after he had napped for 20 minutes. This is the second day in a row when Tyler has decided not to nap. I would be worried that he is giving them up, but he then falls asleep at 4:30 - not the best time at all, so we wake him up. Obviously not ready to drop the nap to my relief. Luckily today he wasn't to grumpy even tho he was exhausted.

I was also very tired and was planning on taking a nap. When the boys didn't it meant I didn't as well. However the boys played very well together and for the most part played together on their own. I am still amazed by Tyler's imagination. He makes up such stories (I will write an example of one of these soon - they are very detailed) and acts them out and makes whoever else is in the room act them out too. When I was once worried that he would always be behind in speech, I am now wishing he would be quiet for a couple minutes of the day. I will take the latter any day tho. What could have been a disastrous day (a tired mommy and kids and a hurt daddy) turned out to be a very simple, but nice day after all.

No comments: