Friday, November 28, 2008

Snow Fun

When I woke up this morning at 4 a.m. (I went shopping on Black Friday. Nuts I know, but I really wanted a pre-lit tree, and ended up with the very last one) I was welcomed to a couple of inches of snow. So once the boy had some breakfast and we played some (and of course watched Sesame Street) we got ready to head outside.

It's quite the production getting them ready. First the snow pants, then the coats, then the boots, then the hats, and finally the mittens. Once were outside I found that they would have been just fine in their coats. Oh well, its fun to get dressed for the snow. The boys had an absolute blast outside. Tyler remembered how to make snow angels and we also made a very tiny snowmen which they had fun knocking over. Tyler learned how fun it is to throw snow this time, as did Carter after watching Tyler a few times. Tyler's favorite part was pushing around his dump truck and making tracks in the snow. Carter enjoyed playing in the sandbox filled with snow and falling down over and over again. Its a good thing we went out when we did because the snow if already half melted at nap time.

Once we came inside the boys got to have some hot cocoa (Tyler corrects me if I call it hot chocolate). Once Justin gets home the goal is to set up my new tree (the first year ever that we have an artificial one, but we will be leaving the state for a week) and decorating the house. As I brought in the decorations today Tyler was so excited. Every year this time of year gets more and more fun thanks to seeing thru the boys. It is starting to look a lot like Christmas around here.

No comments: