Sunday, August 21, 2011

1st Day of Kindergarten


Well the day finally came - the 1st day of Kindergarten. At first I was most anxious for Tyler, worried that he would be scared to death, but quickly learned I should be more concerned for Justin and I. On Tuesday Tyler got to go to his classroom, meet his teacher, and turn in his school supplies.  He was so excited to go and showed no signs of anxiousness when we got there. He loved looking at his whole classroom, and found his spot right away. Which according to him, is the perfect spot because he can see everything. He also liked that his room has computers in it and the playground in right outside his door.  Justin and I were both amazed at how well he was doing. That night we got his backpack ready and he helped me pack his lunch. He went to bed pretty easily after Justin cuddled with him (he was missing Carter who was with Nana and Bapa).

On Wednesday we got up nice and early and Justin made him pancakes for breakfast. Carter was with Nana and Bapa still, so we loaded Tyler, Nolan, and Olivia up and headed off for the first day of school. When we got there he didn't want to play on the playground, just hang out with me. Although he didn't really seem that nervous either. He stood in line where they are suppose to line up and went in with no problems. He waved bye, blew me a kiss and then he was gone. Justin and I on the other hand had a few tears once we were home. When we picked him up he had a big smile on his face and had he had a great day. He did have an accident at the end of the day, because he was to nervous to tell his teacher. He didn't really remember an of his friends names, but one boy did have a cool Star Wars towel. He did fine at lunch and ate most of the things we packed for him. He said he had a great day and wanted to go back - a good sign I would say! I still can't believe I have a Kindergartner, one who is gone from me as much of the day as he is with me - 6.5 hours is a long time! But mostly he amazed me with how grown up he has become. The fact that he went right in with no problems just tells Justin and I we made the right choice by holding him back a year. I love that he has so much confidence and I couldn't be more proud of my boy.

No comments: