Monday, December 3, 2007

ABC's, 123's, trees, and please

So because of Tyler's speech delay he is also behind in things like counting, singing ABC's, etc. Well lately he is, in Justin's words "doing so well".

He will now try to sing the ABC's with me! I will start singing and stop and he will add in the letter. He usually gets S, Z, P and C. Also we have the Leap Frog Letters . I highly recommend them. He will grab a letter and tell me what it is. He knows T and O with 100% accuracy. About 50-75% of the time he gets C, D, S, Z, and G. Yesterday he also came up to me holding the B and said "B ba". Oh the teacher in me gets so excited to see this!!

Its the same with counting. Counting used to be "two, two, two". Now he can count to 3, sometimes 4 with no help. As I count on he can add in 6, 8 and 10. I guess him learning how to be patient is paying off (when we tell him he has to be patient we make him clasp his hands and count).

Tyler is also not the best veggie eater. At best he will eat green beans once in a while and corn sometimes. This kid doesn't even like sweet potato fries! Anyway the last few time I have made them he has gobbled up his "trees" or broccoli. Maybe we are turning a corner?

Justin and I are trying to make our boys grow up learning that there are other people in the world besides them. They need to be respectful and loving of others at all times. This goes along with teaching them manners. We have been working on please and thank you with Tyler for who knows how long. Please was actually one of the very first signs he learned. Well, he is now saying it without prompting. During lunch he heard a trash truck go by. He looks at me and says" see tash tuck peas". He wanted to go see the trash truck. Usually when he is eating I don't let him get down until he is done. But because he asked so nicely I let him go see it. He came back after waving bye to the truck and finished up his trees. A mother couldn't be prouder!

No comments: