Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Love you too

I think Justin and my hearts just melted. First a little background. Tyler has a speech delay, we all know this. Becuase of this he didn't say mommy until close to 20 months old. He actually had about 20 words before he said mommy, including Carter. When he first said mommy I immediately teared up. It was the most precious thing I have ever heard...until tonight (and just as a fyi - Carters first word was mama, so at least I had one that said it before doggy). Tyler is also a little parrot so if I ask him to tell me he loves me, he always does, but I always have to prompt him first.

Tonight I had to work so it was Justin's job to put the boys to bed. When I got home I hear Tyler saying "mommy home". I go up to his room to find him wide awake with his pants off (his new favorite thing to do). I put his pants back on, give him hugs and tell him good night. About 5 minutes later he is crying and I tell Justin to go get him, as usually that is who he wants when he wakes up crying.

Next thing I know Tyler is walking down the stairs and Justin says he wanted me. Well after singing a few songs and Hana licking his feet making him giggle with delight I finally understand that he wants me to sing the prayer song. So we sing the song and say our prayers and he is on his way upstairs off to bed. I guess Justin forgot to say them tonight and Tyler can be very particular about his routines. Justin lays him down and rubs his back and says "love you Tyler". Tyler responds "love you too". Melt Melt Melt. Hopefully I will hear this soon too.

*Justin came and told me all this with tears in his eyes, making it even that more precious. My boys sure do have a wonderful father.

1 comment:

Kaci said...

That is SO sweet. I bet you hear it soon!