Sunday, December 16, 2007

We're Cooking

What a fun Sunday! Justin and I had talked for awhile about making some goodies for the firefighters, but when I read this blog I knew we had to do it. Tyler helped me bake Christmas cookies and then we also made some fudge. Tyler loved rolling out the dough, patting the flour, and pushing on the cookie cutters. I just know he will love his Christmas present this year (a play kitchen). When the cookies were done cooling both boys helped decorate them. I think Carter ate more of the sprinkles than anything and Tyler really only wanted to eat the cookies not decorate them, but they still had fun.





After a quick lunch we were off to the firehouse. We dropped off the goodies and they offered to take us around the station. When we first saw the truck Tyler was a little nervous, but warmed up fairly quickly. He eventually even sat in the big red truck! Carter just happily ran around the station.The firefighter giving us the tour was very nice and told us to come back anytime with the camera. She also told us what stations had the ladder trucks since most kids love those trucks the best. They gave the boys stickers and we were on our way. When Tyler woke up from his nap he wanted to go back to the fire truck!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Thanks for the shoutout!! How did you find my page?

Love the idea of letting the kids roll out the dough..I'm not that adventurous yet! :)