Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Mommy Funny

So a post to make fun of myself. I hope to look back on this in 14 years when the boys are learning how to drive to teach them a lesson.

It snowed about 4 inches or so last night. The roads weren't too bad, just snow packed. We got a new van a few months ago with the electronic stability control (esc), anti-lock brakes(abs), and all that other safety stuff. We took this van to Montrose with us in the snow. This van does very well in the snow so I was not too concerned about driving and we headed to the mall. People in Colorado do no know how to park in a parking lot when there is snow. Cars were turned every which way, only half parked in their stalls, etc. It was like driving through a maze of cars. Anyway we parked, did our thing at the mall and then went back to the car to head home.

We get in the car, I put it in reverse, and pull out before it just stops. I hear the tires spinning and the esc comes on. Great - we are stuck in the snow. I pull in and out a few times trying to find a different way path to get out. My tires just keep spinning. I get out of my car and find hardly any snow or ice under any tires so I try again No luck I call Justin. No answer. I keep trying, backing out different ways, pulling forward different ways, etc. Because of the maze of cars its hard to find so many different routes to try. Right when I think I can make it out a car shows up coming the wrong way down the aisle. So I had to stop. He was coming to see if I needed help, but since he was kinda scary looking I said no and he drove away. However I had lost my momentum when I stopped so I was stuck again. (or so I thought). This time when I tried to go forward I couldn't even do that. So I call Justin again.

Let me just say first - that when ever I started getting stuck my car would start beeping. I am thinking this is some way this new van alerts me to be stuck - as if I didn't already know. So Justin answers. When he finally gets that I can't get out of my PARKING SPACE (he was thinking I was stuck in the middle of the road). This is our conversation:

Justin: "Is there much snow?"
Me: - "Nope, that's what I don't get."
Justin: "Is your parking break on?"
Me: "No." (I pull the lever and yep it was on - crap). Ok its working now I am not stuck anymore."
Justin: "You are ok now?"
Me: "Yep the parking break was on, I can drive now."
Justin: hysterical laughter. "Troubleshooting 101 - is the computer turned on?"

So note boys - when you think you are stuck somewhere try the parking break before spending 10 minutes in a parking space spinning your tires. And that beeping noise? Yeah check the dashboard to see what it is trying to tell you.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

ok seriously i cant stop laughing!!! Only because that is something i would do and i can just see you doing this!