Friday, January 4, 2008

How Sweet It Is

Its been a long week - hence the lack of posting. Tyler has not been listening, having many tantrums, and being a two year old, and I am losing my patience. I hate when I lose my patience, I yell and act like the mom no one wants to be. I know all moms have these moments and I need to learn from them, but that doesn't mean I like having them. Justin is in his busy season so he has been working late every night, which makes it that much more longer of a week. The boys crave daddy time, and 30 minutes before bed doesn't always cut it for the boys. And they don't really understand that is what daddy does so mommy can be home with them. Last night at dinner Tyler was put in time out three times, when I finally said fine no dinner. We tried again to feed him when Justin got home and he started doing the exact same things he was doing before (spitting, throwing food, etc.). That is why I thank God for days like today.

Today was by no means perfect, but a LOT better than the rest of the week. We only had one tantrum and so far zero time outs. When I was getting ready this is what the boys were doing.
Carter was rocking in the chair and Tyler decided to join him. He then requested that the blanket be put on so they can "sleep". I love it when they play together and just giggle and laugh together. This is becoming more and more common now and helps me make it thru the bad days.

We then went to the store and I brought along Tyler's shopping cart . He did great at the store and loved pushing his cart around. He didn't leave my side once and stop when I asked him to. His favorite part was getting to put things in his cart. When I told him the eggs had to go in mommy cart he didn't even protest! At one point I think his cart was getting to heavy to push as he started dragging it (he wanted EVERYTHING in his cart). So I suggested we put some things in my cart. He emptied his whole cart, one by one, into my cart and then asked for more items. This was great timing as we only had three things left to get. We got those three things, put them in Tyler's cart, and we were off to check-out. Tyler was so proud of himself putting his items on the conveyor belt. He then got one bag to put in his cart and helped me load the groceries into the car. I am so proud of how well behaved he was considering the past week and his attitude. Everyone else at the store thought we was pretty cute as well.

Tonight we are hoping Justin will be home on time and we can go out together as a family, just the four or us and spend some time together. We really haven't had anytime with just us since before Christmas. I am pretty sure all of us will enjoy it.

Thank God for days like today.

1 comment:

Kaci said...

I'm glad today was a good day. The shopping trip sounds like fun! Hang in there Mer - I understand about the days you feel like the mom no one wants to be...we all do have them, but the days like yours today make up for them! You're doing a great job with those boys!