Monday, January 7, 2008

Wonderful Weekend

We had a great weekend. Justin was home almost the entire time and we just enjoyed our family time. I really can't think of why it seemed so nice we exactly.We really didn't do too much. We watched some football, went to church (more on that later), went to the Outback (thanks mom and dad) for dinner, organized and cleaned some and took a fun trip to Home Depot - Home Depot trips are always fun with the boys. Even thou we did clean and organize, the weekend seemed very relaxing. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and the boys behaved great pretty much all weekend as well. It made me totally energized for this week. Tyler is having a bad day today, but my patience is in check and I am dealing with him a lot better, which in turn is making his outbursts much shorter.

Back to going to church. We got there and brought Carter to his room and then Tyler to his. When we got to his room, I noticed two things right away. 1 - there was no sign in sheet (there should always be a sign in sheet as that is how we keep track of how many kids we have, who we have etc. Parents have to sign a kid in before they may enter and sign the kid out before they can leave). 2 - there was no supervisor. There usually should always be a supervisor in the room, if you need something you send a staff person to get it so the supervisor stays in the room. The supervisor was running to get a sign in sheet I guess - three kids too late. Because I knew Tyler knew the room well enough and I did know the staff in there was capable (although they had the wrong name tags on two different kids) we dropped Tyler off and I went to find the director. I was thinking she may need me to work. When I found her, she said this was my time with the Lord and that comes first but she would find me if they needed me (I love my boss!). Tyler of course did great and the kids don't know the difference at all if a supervisor is there or not. Its just hard for me to see both sides of it. As a parent dropping a kid off and as a supervisor. I know how it should be run, and when things aren't running how they should be I get more upset than the average parent who doesn't know as much. On Sundays, when I don't work, I sometimes wish I was just a parent there and not also a worker. I know this isn't my boss' fault as soon as I told her what was going on she immediately went to that room. So that is a little vent. However the sermon was great, the boys did great, and I love our church so it didn't make my weekend any less wonderful.


As we watched football on Saturday Tyler once again made daddy proud. We got a picture this time.

No comments: