Monday, February 2, 2009

Showing his Independence

Carter is quickly showing his independence and stubbornness. He will answer no to any question you ask him. Such as:
me - "Carter will you go get your socks?"

Carter -"No can't want to".


me -"Carter its dinner time."

Carter -"No Can't want dinner!"


Also if you ask him to do something he will do the exact opposite. We were at church last week getting ready to go and Carter started kicking the high chairs. I asked him to stop and he did it again. After sitting in time out I made him go and apologize to my boss. He goes down and apologizes. I explain to him again that we don't kick things in the church - its disrespectful. His immediate response - he kicks the wall. I just keep reminding myself he is two and this will pass, right?

No comments: