Sunday, February 24, 2008

It's been a while

It's been a while since my last post. Justin was covering the state wrestling tournament, which meant he had the computer with him in Denver. The boys did ok with daddy being gone. There were some frustrating moments with Carter getting into everything he wasn't suppose to and Tyler using his favorite word many many times. Overall we all did pretty well I think. Tyler's favorite word right now is "no". I ask him to do something and he tell me no. I am not quite sure how to handle this. Obviously I still make him do whatever it was that I asked of him. What I don't know is that should I punish him for saying no to me, or see it as him expressing his thoughts/feelings on the subject. I want him to respect our authority, but I also want him to be free thinker. Justin and I will have to ponder on this one.

So a couple updates: Carter got his stitches out on Thursday and while he did scream, it was nothing compared to putting them in. He will have a scar but I think it will be covered up by his hair for the most part. Tyler had an OT appointment again and his therapist is puzzled by a few things Tyler does. For example sometimes the brushing helps calm him down and other times it makes him riled up. I guess that isn't very common. She is giving us more things to try tho. Tyler is also talking a lot more at school which I am very happy to see. On Wednesday he was playing with a toy phone in the beginning of the morning. About ten minutes later he was onto something else and went up to another child asking him where the phone was. I was so happy to see this interaction!

Carter's vocab is also expanding like crazy. He is learning about 5 new words a day I think. Off the top of my head (because I know there is more) he says: quack, duck, uh oh, eat, cup, milk, bebe, baby, blanket(anket), Hana (our dog), book, beep beep, and many more.

No comments: