Friday, February 15, 2008

Stitches

Yep it finally happened and I feel horrible about it. Carter got his first stitches. We were leaving church and Carter was in the front seat of the double stroller. I didn't strap him in, big mistake. Just as we were getting to the car he leaned forward and fell out of the stroller. Since he was holding his cup he didn't have his hands to catch him and fell right on his forehead. I picked him up and blood was streaming down his face. Right then Justin called and told me to clean it up and see how deep it was. I did that with the few baby wipes I had in the car. However I have no clue what requires stitches or not. This entire time, not surprisingly, Carter is screaming his head off. I call the peditrician and they tell me to come right in.I must say I love our pediatrician. As soon as I walked in they had a room waiting for me with the doctor in there already with all the supplies they needed to clean his forehead out. After looking at the cut they decided he needed three stitches. They numbed him up first, but it didn't seem to help much. He continued to scream, as the nurse and I tried our hardest to hold him down. I felt horrible. By the time we got home he was doing much better and now he is running around like nothing happened. We go in next Thursday to remove the stitches. I just hope the scar isn't too big.

No comments: