Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Church Update

Just wanted to update on the biting situation at the Church nursery. Tyler so far has been doing awesome!!! I am so proud of him! I did stop a couple instances when he almost tried to bite a kid, but he is doing a lot better. When kids take a toy from him he says "no" or yells instead of biting right away. The two instances when I had to intervene was because they were playing tug of war on a toy for a good 5 seconds and no one came to help him. Also when another child pushes him Tyler is not pushing back! I don't have the words to say how relieved I am. Of course usually after I sing Tyler's praises the next day is usually a bad one, so we shall see how tomorrow goes.

Carter is starting to get in the hitting phase, He really isn't hitting, more going up to someone and just kind of slapping their arm (I think he is experimenting more than anything). Anyway when he does it to Tyler, Tyler will just calmly say "no hit". He still hits his brother as well, but at least he knows he nor Carter are supposed to be hitting!

No comments: