Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Much better day!

Well so far today has gone much better! I feel 100 times better than yesterday and the boys are enjoying their mommy back. We all woke up (still at 6:30, I hope they adjust to this change in time soon) and went downstairs to have breakfast. Much better than yesterday, today was waffles, bananas and eggs. After breakfast we went downstairs and played. We played with Mr. Potato head, our trucks or course and threw some balls around.

We then did one of my very favorite things that Tyler loves to do - read . He will ask me to read to him a book or two and of course I always oblige. I love this time because its one of the few times he will actually sit in my life. But then when he is done with me reading to him he will sit down and read to himself. I love watching him do this. He will read to himself for up to 30 minutes. He carefully takes one book off the shelf, reads it, and then takes down another.

Brenda, his speech therapist then came over and worked with Tyler for about an hour. Working with Tyler means pretty much just playing with Tyler. Tyler does not usually talk in front of Brenda even tho she has been coming close to 8 months now. Today he did do a little better tho and she think he is doing great - as do I. The only concern right now is that he doesn't answer to questions. If you ask him do you want to go outside, instead of saying yes he will just say outside. Or if Carter is napping and you ask where he is he will just point, not answer. So I have to try to prompt him more to answer in words. I am not suppose to give in until he answers. This will be accompanied with a lot of crying and whining I am sure. Tyler does not like, nor do I, when I have to frustrate him on purpose.

After speech as a special treat we all went to Chick-fil -a (with fruit instead of fries of course). The boys love the chicken nuggets there and its one fast food that I don't mind too much giving to them. It was so nice to have such a great day with the boys after yesterdays debacle.

No comments: