Thursday, November 29, 2007

Fat Lip

Well it finally happened. After MANY bumps, dents and scratches Tyler has his first fat lip. We went to a high school girls basketball game tonight to watch one of our Young Life students. The boys liked watching the game for about 2 minutes and then decided that climbing the bleachers would be more fun. I was holding Carter, but Justin filled me in on the details. I guess he was climbing up one and slipped and bumped his chin on one of the bleachers. A nice lady picked him up as Justin went over to him. I guess Tyler just did the lip quiver thing until he saw Justin. Then he started full on crying. Justin figured he was ok and brought him to me telling him to stop crying. (Lately Tyler has been crying when he is really fine. We give him cuddles for a few minutes, but don't want this to be a habit so we explain to him that he is fine.) I go to grab Tyler from Justin when Justin notices the blood. He takes Tyler to the bathroom to clean him off. When he comes back Tyler is ready to show me his battle scar. You can see the bite marks on his lip. By the time we got home from the game it was starting to swell. And the battle scars of boyhood begins.

No comments: