Monday, November 5, 2007

If only the boys were at daycare...

It's days like these that I wish I worked full time. I honestly never thought that I would say that until today. I have a stomach bug. Its not horrible, its not that sickest I have ever been, but it isn't fun. If I was working full time the boys would be in daycare and I would be home in bed ALL day long. However instead I was up at 6:30 with Tyler.

Why I would love to have the day just to stay in bed, that not why I wish my boys were at daycare right now. You see if they were at daycare they would be doing activities, being with friends, doing anything but what we did today:

Tyler woke up at 6:30 with Carter followed closely behind at 7:00. Finally at 8 I got up enough stomach to make them breakfast. And it was a pretty sad breakfast - toast and a banana. So we go upstairs and change diapers. Not into regular clothes, its a stay in your pjs kind of day. Tyler feels like playing hide and seek so I bribe him to go downstairs to watch a movie.

I put in Cars. The boys have never watched all of a movie this long. The longest amount they have ever watched is a full hour of Sesame Street and that is very rare. But we all settle on the couch to watch Cars. Very enlightening for them no? At first it seems pretty nice, we are all cuddling on the couch together enjoying the movie.

However then the boys decide to go and play, but I decide to stay on the couch - not what would be happening at daycare. A little while later Carter comes toddling from the guest room with something in his hand. GLASS!!! I quickly jump off the couch, grab it out of his hand and go into the guest room. There in the corner of the room is a shattered candle holder. I clean up the glass, vacuum the room and think that was a close call.

So as I settle back onto the couch (hey I am sick) Tyler is saying "wed" and pointing at his toes. So why is there red stuff all over his toes..and his hands. Yep it was blood. Blood everywhere. I scoop him up and go into the bathroom and clean him off. Luckily it was just a minor cut on his thumb that he didn't even know he had. He still thinks his "boo boo" is on his toe.

So if only the boys were at daycare I wouldn't feel so bad. Feel bad that I have yet to get on the floor to play with them. Feel bad that I just don't have the energy today to make them more than a pb&j with grapes for their lunch. Feel bad that I have already canceled tomorrows playgroup because I don't want anyone else to get sick.

Oh well tomorrow is another day and hopefully tomorrow I will once again know that they are better off with me. I read once when it comes to children and mommy's guilt that a mom needs to forgive herself because her children already have. So enjoy the pictures of my sleeping angels, giving me the break I need yet may not deserve today.

*Just a note to say that Justin did offer to come home, but like I said I am not doing horribly by any means and since this is their busy season I told him to stay.


1 comment:

Kaci said...

I hope you're feeling better today. Don't be so hard on yourself! A 'normal' lunch for Matthew is pb&j with fruit. :)