Thursday, November 1, 2007

Without a cart

I have been thinking for a while now that I should try to let Tyler walk thru the store instead of ride in the cart. Usually we do "family shopping" where all four of us go to the grocery store. We just get two carts and the boys both ride in front of one. When I do need to just get a few things by myself, Carter sits in the front and Tyler sits in the big part of the cart. Unless they have the cool car carts, which are Tyler's absolute favorites.

Anyway I wanted Tyler to be able to walk thru the store holding onto my hand or the cart without to many problems. We tried it tonight when it was all four of us. I am very proud to say that Tyler did awesome. At no point he did try to run off or let go of our hands. The biggest problem was him "helping" us shop by taking things we didn't need off the shelves and putting them in the cart. However he was very good about putting them back on the shelves. At the end of the trip, as a reward, he got to put all the items on the conveyor belt. I love the look on his face when you can see how proud of himself he is.

I must say that I feel pretty confident now taking the boys shopping and letting him walk thru the stores. I know they will not always go as smoothly, but I know he can do it. Maybe I will even get enough nerve to go clothes shopping without the beast - also known as our double stroller.

No comments: