Friday, November 16, 2007

Growing Up

Everyday I see less of my baby in Tyler and more of my little boy. He is growing up so fast right before my eyes. The other night we were at the mall and had some pizza for dinner. Instead of a high chair, Tyler sat in a regular seat - without a booster or anything. He is growing up.

He now regularly speaks in 3 to 4 word sentences. Yesterday he said very clearly "I want water too". He is growing up.

Like in my last post, he is doing so much better at Church. Today in fact he was telling other kids not to hit and when another child took his beloved truck he went and asked for help!!! He is growing up.

Last night I really saw it. He wanted to help Justin put his racetrack back together. With just a little help of Justin getting the screwdriver in the right place, he screwed the screw in all by himself. He is growing up.

Yes there is still baby in him. He still gets whiny, still wants to be carried on occasion, still needs his plug (pacifier) to fall asleep, and is still in diapers without a hint of wanting to be potty trained. But everyday I am seeing less of that little baby of mine. My first baby is growing up. My heart is so proud of the little boy he is becoming but breaking at the same time.

No comments: